Harley Blug-Chug

My trials, tribulations and musings about life aboard and off of my Harley.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Same 'Ol Same 'Ol

A couple of weeks ago, I went to my brother's mother-in-law's home for some shindig. I cornered my bro and convinced him to actually put some mileage on his paid for 15-grand Harley.

"What time?"
"I dunno."
"Pick a time."
"I dunno. I'll ask my wife. Wife, when can I ride?"
"Brother, you're a grown man. You can go when you want."
"I wanted to make sure you didn't have plans for me!"
"Go whenever you want."
"When should I go?"
"Go at noon, you know you can't get ready before then."

Okay, so his wife set it up for noon. On the day, I start calling 2 hours before. Finally I get him.
"I'm in the middle of XYZ123. Come over."
"No, your gonna keep me waiting."
"I can't drop what I'm doing."
"Why are you doing? It's 11:45, we're supposed to ride."
"Yeah at noon. I'll be ready by then. "
"Fine get ready by noon, and ride over here. It'll be 12:15 and we can ride."
"OK."
Well he shows up at 12:45, ready to ride. Not bad for my brother. Then it rains. Ride canceled. No more scheduling rides with my brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home